Inaugural Session (invited speakers)
1. Welcome address by Mr. Ahmed Buhari, President, UEF CC
2. Opening Remarks by the Hon. Tun Musa Hitam, Chairman, WIEF Foundation
3. Special Address by the Hon. Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin bin Ali, Minister of Economic Affairs, Malaysia (TBC)
4. Keynote Address by the Hon. Thiru O. Panneerselvam, Deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
5. Keynote Address by the Hon. Thiru M. C. Sampath, Minister for Industries of Tamil Nadu
Session I: Shariah-Compliant Investments: Opportunities for Investments in India from Across the Globe
1. Dr. Hayat Sindi, Advisor to President, Islamic Dev. Bank, Jeddah.
2. Khalid Al Rumathi, Chief Executive,Bahrain Economic Development Board
3. Speaker from ADIA (Abu Dhabi Investment Authority) UAE*.
4. Babar Ali Khan – Director – India,Khazana Nasional Berhad
Moderator – Mr. Mohamed Rafe bin Mohamed HaneefED & CEO, CIMB Islamic Bank Berhad, KL
Session II: Mobilising Innovative Financing for Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Real Estate
1. Dato’ Sri ZukriZamat, Group MD & CEO, Tabung Haji
2. Junaid Kamal Ahamed, Company Director for India, World Bank
3. Speaker from Finterra
Moderator - Prof. Dato’ Dr.Azmi Omar, President & CEO,International Centre for Islamic Finance (INCEIF), KL
Session III: Islamic Finance in Non-Muslim Countries: Learnings from Abroad
1. Dr. Yahia Abdul Rahman, CEO, LARIBA Bank of Whittier, US
2. Omar Shaikh, Member of Islamic Finance Council UK and Executive Board Member of Ernst & Young
3. Mohamed Azmeer, CEO, Amana Bank Sri Lanka
4. Alberto G. Brugnoni, President and Founding Member, ASSAIF, Italy.
5. Speaker from IMF
Moderator – Ms Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz CEO, AmInvestment Bank, Malaysia
Session IV: India Focus – Investment Opportunities in Tamil Nadu
1. Mr. Gnanadesikan, IAS – Secretary, Govt. of Tamil Nadu
2. Successful Investor in Tamil Nadu
3. Deepak Bagla, MD & CEO, Invest India
4. Khurshid Ahmed Najmi, Former Legal Advisor, RBI India
Moderator – Dr. Shariq Nisar, Head Research,BSE Institute Mumbai
Valedictory Speech by Mr. K. Rehman Khan, Former Union Minister of Minority Affairs, GOI.
The Roundtable will be followed by
1. WIEF Closed Door Meeting (by invitation only WIEF Closed Door Meeting is an intensive dialogue with relevant stakeholders to determine appropriate action plans after the Roundtable)
2. Business Networking Session one-on-one business meetings between foreign investors and Indian businesses can be arranged at the Business Networking Lounge.